Confidence in Open Water – for Children 8-16 yrs old
Sunday 25th June: 7.45am for 8.00am start (1 hr), £20.00 per child
Sunday 9th July: 7.45am for 8.00am start (1 hr), £20.00 per child
For children 8 – 16 years old! Daunted by the prospect of Open Water swimming, even though you are a competent Club swimmer? Learn how to transfer your pool skills to the open water and enjoy the invigoration of no chlorine, blue skies, trees, wildlife, and free swimming – you will never look back!
Parents /guardians are required to be on site at Swim Heron throughout this session (or can join in the session too!).
Wetsuits are compulsory for this session, as are enthusiasm and energy – Jo will coach the following:-
- Correct wetsuit fitting, goggles, hats
- Safety aspects of open water swimming
- CONFIDENCE IN OPEN WATER
- How to deal with different water conditions – lake, river, sea
- Breathing techniques
- Sighting skills and turning buoys
- Drafting skills
- Mass starts
- Conclude session with a FUN timed swim and speedy removal of wetsuit!
Minimum of 7 children for the session to go ahead
Swim Heron’s Squad Swim Masterclasses – for competent Front Crawl Swimmers (minimum 250m F/C)
Saturday 8th July: 7.30am – 8.45am (1.5 hrs), £10.00 per person
Monday 17th July: 6.30pm – 7.45pm (1.5 hrs), £10.00 per person
Monday 31st July: 6.30pm – 7.45pm (1.5 hrs), £10.00 per person
Sunday 3rd September: 7.30am – 8.45am (1.5hrs), £10.00 per person
The idea behind these sessions is to further develop the friendly and sociable atmosphere of Swim Heron by making new acquaintances, pushing oneself individually, and having the companionship of others in the Lake!
Jo will coach the following:-
- Techniques for mass starts – deep water, shallow water, beach
- Breathing techniques
- Swimming in close proximity – will pair people up, small groups (drafting technique)
- Pace control to avoid “blowing up”
- Intervals – how to incorporate these into weekly open water/pool swims to avoid stagnation
- Strength & Conditioning swimming ideas
- Conclude session with a timed 500m (approx) group race – endorsing the above skills (see if you can improve on your personal times session by session!) and speedy removal of your wetsuit.
Minimum of 6 adults for each session to go ahead
London Triathlon Preparation Session – Maximum 14 people
Saturday 15th July, 7.45 – 9.00 am, £25.00 per person
Again, this is an Open Water coached session for those of you signed up to the iconic and largest Triathlon in the world!
Feel more confident about appearing on the start line knowing that you have some knowledge and practise under your belt having been through Jo’s methodical and caring approach to races, big or small.
1-2-1 Coached Sessions
1-2-1 Coached Sessions with Jo can be arranged, either via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or through the website, www.tri50.co.uk.
Groups & Corporate
If there’s a small group of you or a Company wishing to organise an exclusive Open Water coached session, this can also be arranged through Jo at a time and date that is mutually convenient. Drop her an email or call her on 07711067513.
BOOK NOW OR MAKE ENQUIRIES THROUGH swimheron.co.uk